Drysllwyn Castle returns for a check up

Produced: 
January 13th 1980
One of Swindon's iron children returns to the works for a check up and axle balance. Great Western Railway Castle Class No.5051 'Drysllwyn Castle' arrived from the Didcot Railway Centre. Drysllwyn Castle was built at Swindon Works in May 1937 and was withdrawn in May 1963 after only 26 years service. She was dumped at the Barry scrapyard in South Wales before being saved for preservation in 1969. The locomotive was moved to the Great Western Society in Didcot and is still based there to this day. A pair of diesel hydraulic Warship class 42's and a Hymek class 35 can be seen around the turntable.

There are no comments for "Drysllwyn Castle returns for a check up".

Recently Added